Sunday, December 27, 2009

5. Pass the Mini-Bus Test

This happened a few weeks back now, but i did manage to pass the mini bus test and have been able to take a few trips out in the universities bus!

I am actually really proud of this one, not because I passed but because it is an item on the list that has helped me to try new things that I hadn’t tried before, which as this was the ethos of the blog fits really well.

Now the above in my opinion is too short for a post in my opinion, so let me share this small anecdote with you. My University’s Student Union provides students with the opportunity to take part in volunteering activities, now I had never considered taking part in these as I never thought that they would quite be my cup of tea. On this point I was very very wrong! (This is why I am adding volunteering to the list!) On one of the MAD days I volunteered to help out by doing the mini bus driving for I arrived at the uni and the battery of the bus was flat, cue an hour and a half of stress, failed attempts to jump start a ford transit with a ford ka, a failed attempt to warm people up with hot chocolate from a closed bar, and a panicked phone call to the breakdown assistance people! Luckily we did manage to eventually get the bus going and got to Swanage, but more on that later!

I hope in the coming year to take many trips in the mini buses and that these will lead to many more experiences that I can blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment