Monday, March 23, 2009

The Many Adventures of a Maniac

Some of you may have noticed a lack of blog lately, this is due to a rather hectic 9 days and a distinct lack of mobile reception and internet access!

It all started on Friday the 13th when I ventured forth to Bournemouth. It was my Mum’s 50th on the Sunday and as part of the celebrations we where going on holiday to Cornwall with my Nan and Granddad , mum however as the constant worrier when it comes to me driving long distances didn't want me driving from home straight to Cornwall hence the random diversion. The diversion however gave me time for other things but I’m not about to blog that one into the public domain!

Anyway after a lovely weekend in Bournemouth I drove to Cornwall. Spent a lovely week visiting a load of different beaches, taking a load of photos, a nice meal at Bodmin Jail, a trip to Lands end and Dr Who Up Close, a trip to Healey Cider Farm, and a visit to Goonhilly and whilst there even got to ride a segway.

On Friday I moved onto my next location, this time a little closer to home. I lead a group of Explorers to HEAT (An activity weekend organised within Herts) which was brilliant fun. It was my first camp as a “Leader”, though technically I am not one yet, and it was a blast even though I did end up exhausted, gunged, drenched and frozen which just served as a brilliant reminder of why I love the Scout Association so much!

After camp I came home, all in all I travelled around 1090 miles! not bad for nine days! Though think I may just have a rest for a bit before I plan something that manic again!

1 comment: