Tuesday, June 23, 2009

16.c Four wheels are better than two!

Well an opportunity arose to have a go on a motorbike. Well I asked a friend if he would mind me having a go on his restricted learners bike as I didn’t think this could do me much harm, this is where I went wrong. It was a sunny day in an Essex car park I had the helmet on and had listened intently to my “instructor”, it was at this point I should have said “Would you mind going through that again please just so I am sure on this?” however I climbed on the bike and gave it a try.

I pulled in the clutch, put the bike in gear, turned the accelerator slightly and nothing! I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t moving then thought about it and realised I hadn't released the clutch, so slowly (I thought) I released the pressure and whoosh I was off. I got about four foot and then panicked, I was coming up to a kerb didn't understand how to turn properly and tried to brake. This unfortunately in my state of mild panic this didn't work as well as I hoped but as my body came in contact with the car park floor I knew I had stopped, I stood up and just said “I’m ok” whilst my friends laughed and the bike owner checked his bike was ok. Luckily this event  was also captured on video, so for your viewing pleasure I present my attempt at riding a motorcycle.

1 comment: