Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2.a England: Drink a pint of scrumpy and see a show on the West End

This challenge has possibly been one of the most expensive so far, which actually kind of surprised me. However I am sure that visiting a new country will be a tad more expensive!

Now this all started on a family holiday to Cornwall, this is when I picked up the very very nice scrumpy from Healeys Cornish Cyder Farm. Now I drank this at the time, because I didn't want it to spoil depending on how long it took to get to the west end, and it was gorgeous. Now I am a big cider drinker anyway so this wasn’t a huge hardship for me but it was nice to try something new!

The second half of this challenge is the West End Show and around the time I started blogging a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go with her, and as I wasn’t really looking to go see a musical all alone and I don’t get to see her very often I dually accepted. The date was set and I booked the tickets for The Lion King at the Lyceum theatre. When we arrived in London we got slightly lost trying to find the theatre but my new iPhone came to the rescue and sent us in the right direction. The show itself was spectacular the music was brilliant, and the costumes inspired. In fact I liked the music so much I ended up buying the CD partly so I could find out those lyrics I missed live. It is a great family show and I would recommend it to anyone it is a great way to spend an afternoon in London.

Thank you to the girls for keeping me company at the musical and my parents for the “free” holiday in Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment