Saturday, February 28, 2009

4. Make your own pasta from scratch

Let there be no more suspense! This weekend I get to cross off the first full item from my list. When the list first went up a friend volunteered to help me out with a few of the harder to organise items and also told me that he happened to own a pasta machine! So with this knowledge I made my way to his place.

My Friday, a supposed day off from work, comprised of a tenish mile walk for which my feet are yet to forgive me and the chance to make my own pasta. Suprisingly it was astonishingly easy, you mix the flour and egg together then pass it through the machine, again and again and again!

If you would like to see some photos from this challenge take a look at a slideshow here (You may need to have Silverlight installed which can be downloaded here)

Oh and to any family reading this a pasta machine would make an excellent birthday present! You have seventeen weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun mate, ill email the photos at some point in the next 37 hours ish!

    And i think you need to get your feet under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't believe him Dave, I'm still waiting to see photos from GlosCamp in 2006 from Delboy....hang on, you two made pasta together?!

    I'm a confused Fearless Guider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did indeed make Pasta with Del, however for the sake of anonymity decided it was a good idea not to mention the names of those that help me complete the challenges.

    Hence no names mentioned in posts so far!

    ReplyDelete