Friday, September 11, 2009

Failure

Now I have completed another item on my list, however I felt I would write a general post before I updated the blog again.

It occurs to me that there is only three and a half months left of this year and I am imminently returning to university to begin my final year, this has lead me to think a lot about the possibility of failing to complete items on my list. Now this does sadden me but not as much as I thought it might.

You see I proposed this list to make myself get off my bottom and take my life into my own hands and make things happen to me instead of waiting for them to come along, and in completing all the things I have I have had a much more active and memorable year than any other on record. Now my hope here is that this will of course continue on into the future and I will not be limited to just 21 things to do in one year but instead hundreds of things across my(hopefully long and healthy) lifetime.

So as the clock strikes twelve this year I hope that I will not return to my usual depressive stupor wishing for something to come along and throw my life up and bring me some much needed excitement, but will instead look back at this blog and my accomplishments and will look forward to 2010 and all the new adventures it will bring.

3 comments:

  1. christ this year has gone quick, it doesnt feel like that long ago when we were discussing it at new years!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....
    1. You can dye your hair
    2. You can STILL send a message in a bottle
    3. Reading books is easy.
    4. You kept a (relatively) up to date blog
    5. We still plan to attend a track day
    6. we can book you a scuba lesson

    So actually, its not that bad. Pity about the wales/ireland thing. But I reckon if we tried we could do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wales would be a lot easier than Ireland....don't know where the Torchwood thing is though!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete